Monday, May 19, 2014

Tackling the hard stuff

We made such amazing progress this weekend!


 

 
That's our on demand water heater! I learned phrases like pipe dope on Saturday. That's me applying the nylon tape before adding the pipe dope (its sealant) and my dad, with his super big hair, double checking the valves.

This is where the water heater will go. A bit high into our kitchen counter, but hot water is important. More important than pretty bowls that might otherwise have that space. Where you see the plywood will be covered by kitchen counter soon. Part is already framed out, you can see just a smidge in the lower right corner. You don't really have to frame a kitchen counter, I've been told it can just be a plywood box, but that sounds way harder to me. I stuck with what I knew.



 

And it gets attached!



And David made drawers! The proper tool makes all the difference. Once he got a table saw, David cruised through box making, which translates into perfectly functional drawers. We got one side of the bookcase done too with a scrap piece of 1x10 my dad saved, and it looks really awesome.


I woke up at 6 in the morning on Saturday and woke David to talk about what we would do that weekend. It was raining out and we probably could have slept in, but I was like a kid on Christmas. We got all wet taking our dump run, but we dried when the sun came out. We're getting there! It's going to happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment